How To Take Your Own Newborn Photos At Home
During lockdown so many new parents have missed out on their newborn session so I wanted to send out some useful tips on how to simply photograph your baby at home.
Now I am not saying don’t book me as there is nothing that could replace the experience of a relaxing Newborn Session with me at my beautiful studio in Farnham, Surrey but for some simple shots of your baby go for it!
Whereas I photograph more posed style with props and backdrops it is easy to photograph your baby at home in a more lifestyle way.
Lets get started:
- Photograph preferably after a feed when they are most sleepy
- Use natural light, a bed by the window is perfect
- Put a pillow under the covers for comfort for your baby
- Have a cuddly toy to hand to tuck under a little arm
- Use a small blanket for a wrap
- Take one image with hands tucked by their sides
- And another with hands out
- Photograph all the little details like hand and feet too
- Focus on the eyes by half depressing the camera shutter button or tap on the screen to focus
- Print them off for thank you or announcement cards
Those first few weeks go by so quickly so capture them in a simple way and you do not need to take masses of images for this just a few.
I’d love to see how you get on.
See you soon
Lots of love