The Christmas holidays seem to be just over and now the next half term is nearly upon us. If you are wondering how to keep your children busy in half term or things to do in half term in Farnham Surrey read on for loads of activities in the Farnham, Guildford, and Surrey areas.
Working as a Family Photographer in Farnham, Guildford & Surrey I am lucky to be able to take school holidays off. I am always looking for new things to do with Rosie who is 10. Mia our eldest at 17, now has a social life of her own and the time does go really fast from when she was Rosie’s age. So before I start crying and missing Mia being small here is a lovely list of fun things for the half term:
(The links to more info for each item are in the headings so give them a click)
Half Term 13th February – 17 February 2023
- Fantastic wooden adventure playground with castle and underground slide
- Toddlers play area
- Cafe and toilets with baby changing
- Trim Trial
- Two football pitches
- Parking near the golf club
- Paddling pool (opening summer time)
- Playground with helter skelter
- Skate park
- Mini golf
- Toilets with baby changing
- Model boating pond
- Toilets and baby changing
- Miniature railway- open 1st Sunday of each month
- Pitch & putt
- Sow & grow workshops
- Approx 30 mins from Farnham is this fab farm full of animals and fun activities for little ones. They have Farming Week Week in half term with loads of activities and your little one can meet the 80 newborn lambs that are due.
The best bit about Bocketts Farm is the Pig Racing…don’t miss it! Will Harry Trotter or Porkahontas win the race this time?
- Explore the world of flight as they take a step back in time to the early days of aviation when Brooklands pioneered aircraft and pilot training.
- Pedal Planes and Cars-It’s never too early to inspire future race drivers or pilots with their pedal planes and pedal cars for under 5’s running every day throughout half term.
INDOOR ACTIVITIES (FINGERS CROSSED THOUGH NO RAIN!)
- Clip ‘n Climb includes 25 interactive and fun climbing walls towering over 20 feet high as well as 11 additional auto belay points on mosaic walls, each showcasing unique and striking designs with different challenges. Booking essential.
- This is a bright creative studio space that accommodates up to 47 painters. This studio has been established for over 10 years and is well known in Farnham and the surrounding area. Booking essential.
- For the toddlers they have a NEW multi tier playframe full of slides, tunnels, mini trampolines and interactive play.
- For over 4 year olds the air bag with twist ladder and battle beam, extreme slides, giant inflatable with super-fast slides and interactive games and back by popular demand… the Wipeout
- For over 5 year olds
- Take part in a creative Make Space workshop to add to a new Hall of Fame, pick up a family activity in the Galley to help look closer, or ‘drop in and draw’ on select mornings alongside a guiding artist.
- During February half term, your family can also join for the regular offer for under 5s at Watts Tots, and 13- to 18-year-olds can be dropped off for a masterclass with award-winning artist Tom Voyce.
I hope this helps you discover some new things to do with your little ones over half term and keep them busy.
Want to take better photos of your family in half term?
Have a read of my blog : https://photographybyzoe.uk/top-tips-for-taking-your-childrens-photos-this-summer/
Lots of love